How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a tenant renting a property. I renewed our agreement in

This answer was rated:

I am a tenant renting a property. I renewed our agreement in 2013 and due to not knowing whether I would be staying in the UK I agreed to a 3 month's notice period to give the landlord time to find a replacement tenant. I gave my 3 month's notice and agreed that if a tenant was found I would move out earlier or if not, stay the full 3 months. A tenant was found and an agreed moving out date was given. I made all arrangements to move out on the new agreed date and signed a new tenancy agreement elsewhere. The new tenant's agreement has now fallen through and the landlord wants me to pay for the full 3 months. Am I legally obliged to pay the full 3 months?

No, you are not so obliged as you were given an agreed moving out date and it is not your problem that the new tenant didn't work out.

Can I assist further?
UKSolicitorJA and 4 other Law Specialists are ready to help you