How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

wanted to buy 30000pounds of royal mail shares bank manager

Customer Question

wanted to buy 30000pounds of royal mail shares bank manager told us we could not as it would take 2weeks to set up. having spoke to Barclays stock brokers today they have informed us that this information is incorrect and we could have purchased straight away through them we feel that through this mis information we have lost out a lot money please advise.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts : Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you complained to the bank please?
JACUSTOMER-ysongt4x- :

npt as of yet

JACUSTOMER-ysongt4x- :

sorry not as of yet

JACUSTOMER-ysongt4x- :

hi alex can you please advise me on the best coarse of action regards my first statement

JACUSTOMER-ysongt4x- :

we were thinking of asking a local solicitor before approaching the bank to clarify our rights

Alex Watts : You need to write and make a formal complaint. Set out your losses and ask that it is investigated under their complains procedure.
Alex Watts : If you are not happy with their response then you can complain to the omnudman. But you need the banks final reaponse befor you can move towards an ombudsman complaint.
Alex Watts : They offer a free independent service and can review your complaint.
Alex Watts : Their website is
Alex Watts : If they uphold your complaint then you could sue the bank and use the ombudsman report as evidence in your favour.
Alex Watts : If the omnudman does not uphold the complaint then sadly I would not take it to court as the bank would use this as evidence against you,
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-ysongt4x- :

what are the chances they will do anything to compensate us and is it worth reminding them that not only do they have our business and personal accounts which will be removed ...p.s only discovered this when we rang up shares department ref:saga shares

Alex Watts : I would go for a complaint then Ombudsman to see what they say. Then you know where you stand, it may amount to nothing.
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything else?
JACUSTOMER-ysongt4x- :

thanks for yourhe

JACUSTOMER-ysongt4x- :

thanks for your help carole

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:
Alex Watts :

Please remember to leave feedback before you go today