How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My flat is one of three, in a converted house. We all own our

This answer was rated:

My flat is one of three, in a converted house. We all own our properties. My downstairs neighbour began a demolition/refit on April 14th. I have been unable to live at home because of dust and noise. He told me that he assumed my carpet would absorb the dust! I have had to throw away all foodstuffs, curtains, and have experienced an allergic reaction.He initially agreed to pay for damages/losses, but has now refused. I am still unable to live at home, and as I am self-employed, I also missed work to clean and throw away ruined items. What are my options?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Have you approached him or the Landlord please?

I have spoken to him and emailed him throughout this process. We do not have a landlord.

Alex Watts : Ok. Do you know the value of your losses?
Alex Watts : Bear in mind if an item is 10 years old for example you can not claim new for old, as there would be a life expectancy over a number of years
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you