How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My wife and I have split up although we still live in the same

Customer Question

My wife and I have split up although we still live in the same house as financially neither of us can afford to buy a house on our own. The house we live in is jointly owned and has no outstanding mortgage or debt. Our daughter and her partner live in the house with their baby, we have discussed options amicably and the ideal answer would be to effectively sell my wife's share of the property to my daughter and her partner to give my wife her money plus the savings pot she has in her name to buy another home. I would then continue to live at the property and pay my share of the bills plus I feel it would give them a chance to get on the housing ladder can you say if this would be possible as all parties agreed on this course of action . Just would mean I own half and my daughter and her partner would own half .
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the property worth?
What other assets do you each have and what income do you each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Value of the property is£300,000 i am unemployed
My daughter is a full-time mother her partner
Earns £30,000 per year
Only assets is a car and some savings.
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
I meant how much does your wife earn?