How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am withdrawing funds from an investment bond belonging to

Customer Question

I am withdrawing funds from an investment bond belonging to my husband in order to reinvest it better to pay his are home fees. I have a fully certified EPA. The form I have to fill in has the word assignee. Am I the assignee in this case. I don't think I am the trustee.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

No, you are not the assignee as the bind has not been assigned to you. You are the attorney I.e. Agent of your husband in other words you are acting on behalf of,your husband.

Can I assist further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So where the form has tick boxes to questions: "are these policies assigned?" and "are these policies written under trust?", the answer is a tick in the No box?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Many thanks for your help! Much appreciated.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Yes, it would be no to those two questions.

Please leave feedback