How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71057
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

In 1997 in England a 12 year old boy and and 8 year old boy

This answer was rated:

In 1997 in England a 12 year old boy and and 8 year old boy are allegedly meant to of touched each other's privates and one ejaculated. Only happened one time. The older one says it never happened but the younger one says it did and is being accused of it now. What is the law that covers this? Is this sexual abuse? And what can be done about it now?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
A 12 year old and an 8 year old playing with each other privates and the 12 year old ejaculated on the others hand it was hands on only nothing else happened and it only happened the once. The younger of the boys has only just remembered this had happened a few month ago and has brought it to the attention of the police. The older one of the boys insists that this never happened. Baring in mind this is meant to of happened in 1997. How does the law stand with this?

its quite unlikely that they would prosecute in a case where the defendant was only 12. They would probably investigate the matter because they are under an obligation to do so.

If this is an allegation that the 12 year old got the younger boy to masturbate him then there is an offence of gross indecency with a child here

That would have applied in 1997.

The law has been amended now although not really substantially.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile