How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71130
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

If its established that 1 person asks another to make a phone

This answer was rated:

If its established that 1 person asks another to make a phone call impersonating a police person and passes information to a barrister who is in a family court and that information impacts on judges decision to restrict access. Are both persons liable to criminal action as impersonating Police Persdon

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Have the police been contacted about this impersonation please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes the policewoman a DC whose name was used and false information was passed to barrister whilst in family court hearing.

The DC categorically confirms she or any colleagues has never contacted the court with any information.

My daughter in law asked the DC to send information which she could not do, Then my daughter in law requested a friend to call the court using the DC name and passed incorrect information to the barrister via usher.

This information was passed to judge who decided in view of this info to deny my son unsupervised access until the report was investigated.


That very definitely is an offence.

The person who made a call is guilty of impersonating a police officer and the daughter in law is guilty of the new offence that replaces incitement.

If the facts are as you say, I would charge them both with perverting although there is always a debate over whether or not you can use that offence with other court hearings than criminal ones.

This should be reported to the police urgently. If a CID officer is being impersonated to try to get a better deal at the family court then that is serious.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you that is exactly what I wished to read...




No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile