I am owed £3, 300 for work I carried out in June last. The

I am owed £3, 300 for work I carried out in June last. The person who owes me money is still trading.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How can I claim back the money owed me

Why is he refusing to pay please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He says he has insufficient funds. The event I am owed for is taking place again on 7 June this year.

He organised a Cossack Ball earlier this year and promised to pay me from the profit but after the event said there was no profit.

He now says he will pay from the profit of this event. What makes me think this will not happen?

Its not your problem that he has no money. Thats his problem. He owes you this money independently.

You need to send him one letter recorded delivery giving him 28 days to make payment in full. Make clear that you will sue if he does not.

Of course, he will not. When he does not issue against him here

This is a small claims court sum so it will be cheap and quick to issue against him and you will get judgment.

He may well repay the sums in question without the need for a CCJ when you issue against him.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your advise. Can I add interest to the debt?

Yes, you can add interest at the rate of 8 % per annum.

The forms prompt you to seek that anyway.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

IS there a template letter I can use to send to him?

Not really but its not complicated.

Just say that he owes you X amount and that you want payment within 28 days or you will sue.

Specify a date for payment so he cannot argue over it.