How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71156
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My daughter owes me £4200 and has admitted it in writing but

This answer was rated:

My daughter owes me £4200 and has admitted it in writing but only wants to pay £25 per month this will take 14 years to pay the debt she has owed this money now for 8 years how can I get more from her

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What was the agreement to repay please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the original verbal agreement was £150 per moth but she stopped paying because the man she was living with was out of work he is now in work and she is just being awarkward


When did she last pay?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

30 april £25

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

20 april £25


You can only enforce this by suing her.

You are in time to sue because she only paid recently so there will be no time barring challenges. You can issue here

It will be easy enough to get judgment against her. How you get the money is a different matter.

The order will be that she has 28 days to pay in full. She can apply for a variation order to pay in instalments but she isn't going to get £25 a month. Actually £150 is probably what the court would want to recover.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

does tis mean I have to get cc forms etc

No, you can issue online.