How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, my wife has recently given birth to our new born baby girl

Customer Question

Hi, my wife has recently given birth to our new born baby girl 6 days ago but chose not to let me know when she went into labour making me miss the birth, furthermore she contacted me 2 days later advising the child was born but warned me not to come and see her or she will call the police and get me arrested.I've tried reasoning with her and even got social services involved and she has played the victim card saying she's scared because I'm violent and may take the child away however I have no history of violence and a clean police record, and since birth have not seen or held my baby, I've got solicitors and Google learn I have PR as the father married to the mother, how can I get access?Also can I tae action on her slandering my character?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law