How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I work in a head shop,

Customer Question

I work in a head shop, My main job is as a clairvoyant in this shop, but on occasions I assist in the shop if they are busy and the guy who pays my wages and owns the shop has a website that I assist on from time to time. Now the shop and the site carries some so called 'research chemicals' they are all marked not for human consumption and have the health warnings on them all, he has assured me that all products are unclassified and legal in the UK, but from time to time the law changes and bans do come in to play, but he is regularly sending products to be tested for quality and legality, I know very little about the research chems, but I do keep asking him questions to assure me that everything that we are doing in the shop is fine, which he does, but I can't keep questioning everything that he does as he is my boss. My question is can I be implicated if I am working for him and he does something to break the law, even if he is unaware at the time. BTW I am not saying that he has broken the law, I guess I am just paranoid that he could do without realizing it.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

If you do not have any intent to commit a crime e.g. Dealing in drugs, then you are not liable as criminal law requires intent to be present which you do not have.

As such, you do not need to worry about anything.

Can I help further?