How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Can I represent someone in a small claims court, I have their

This answer was rated:

Can I represent someone in a small claims court, I have their authorization. Claimant now has returned to Spain after living and working here and she is owed wages approx £700

You may do so as long as they are also present in court, their authorisation is not enough on It's own, they also need to be present.

Otherwise you cannot do so, as per the Lay Representatives (Rights of Audience) Order.

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Can a solicitor represent her without her being in small claims court. If so, can their costs be claimed should she win?.

Yes, a solicitor may represent her without her being present. Solicitors costs cannot be claimed in small claims courts.