How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71031
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

if through a solicitor I pay someone money to keep them from

This answer was rated:

if through a solicitor I pay someone money to keep them from involving the police for a wrong I did them can they then go back on the deal

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Yes, they can I'm afraid.

If you haven't done this already then please do not. There is absolutely not protection at all in it from your point of view and, in fact, they could use this to incriminate you.

I would be surprised if any solicitor were willing to become involved in it anyway if those were really the terms as its an agreement that cannot be enforced and is potentially unlawful.

I'm very sorry if this is bad news.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you