How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

If a family man have inderfinate leave to Remain and is sentence

This answer was rated:

If a family man have inderfinate leave to
Remain and is sentence 18month inprisment
Spent half of the sentence(9month)..can the
Person be deported
Where is he from?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


Thank you.

The short answer to your question is yes, he may be deported and have his ILR status revoked. The law gives the power to the Home Office to do so.

You may read this internal document which sets out the various powers of the Home Office in such situations:

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry i was offline. Please what can he do

For them not to revoke his indefinate..because

He have two children that got british book

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Please can i have answer to my last quastion

He may fight the deportation on human rights grounds but that will be a very complex case and he should get immigration lawyers to fight for him.All the best