How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello, I want to bring my ukrainian girlfriend to the UK with

This answer was rated:

Hello, I want to bring my ukrainian girlfriend to the UK with her 5yr old child. We intend to be married, but i am currently waiting for a decree absolute from my previous marriage. Now the more tricky part. My ex wife is Russian. We married 7 years ago in Russia and she came to live with me in the UK. She now has British citizenship. Now the question. If I now apply for my future intended to come here would my previous sponsorship cause me serious problems.

Thank you for your question.

The fact that you were previously married to a Russian national should not affect any future sponsorship by you as long as your proposed marriage to your Ukrainian girlfriend is genuine and the requirements of the immigration rules as applicable are complied with.

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you