How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3840
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I was named in an adverse way at a coroners inquest by a coroner.

Customer Question

I was named in an adverse way at a coroner's inquest by a coroner. The coroner did not notify me of his intention to do so. What legal recourse do I have?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Alex J. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is AJ and I will assist you.

I am afraid you cannot sue the Coroner for defamation as they are carrying out a public function and treated in the same way as any Judge or Magistrate.

If you are not happy with how they have conducted their office you can make a complaint against them to:

Judicial Conduct Investigations Office
81-82 Queens Building
Royal Courts of Justice

I believe there is a complaints form on this site -

I am afraid that this is the limit of your recourse.

Can I be of any further assistance?

Kind regards