How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi I seperated from my Husband in 2006, we never divorced and

Customer Question

Hi I seperated from my Husband in 2006, we never divorced and he kept the house. However he did he have the house valued and paid me half of what its current value was. I am now with a new partner who insists that i divorce my husband and take any monies I am still owed. I havent paid into the house since i left. i am no longer on the mortage but still on the deeds, I dont think I am entitled to any more but my partner thinks i am. Help its opening old wounds
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you want to pursue your ex in this way?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?