How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Hi, I was recently harassed by my neighbours due to a disagreement

Customer Question


I was recently harassed by my neighbours due to a disagreement on where to site a gas pipe and they started calling me an illegal immigrant and an alien in public.

I have called the police but they left the house before police arrived.

I am thinking of suing them.

Please what are my options as I have a witness who said he is willing to come forward should the case go ahead.

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Sorry for the delay.

What would you like to sue for ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was discriminately harassed and called an illegal alien by neighbours and want to know my options legally.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
Are you prepared to fund a defamation action? It will cost between £10k - £30k?