How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

An employee was convicted of drink driving 2.5 months ago in

This answer was rated:

An employee was convicted of drink driving 2.5 months ago in the isle of man, he was kept in a cell until court on the monday. Went to court, given a 20 month ban and fined £800. He paid the fine but was given no paperwork and has received nothing in the post re the ban. They did not take his licence away then and DVLA check as showed no record. Is there a time limit on how long these can take to get through?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : It really depends on how quick ''resulting" is.
Alex Watts : They need to finalise the result, produce a memorandum of conviction and notify the authorities.
Alex Watts : There is no set timeframe I am sorry to say.
Alex Watts : Usually you do hand your licence I on
Alex Watts : hand your licence in on the day and then reapply for it.
Alex Watts : But sadly the disqualification is valid throughout the uk
Alex Watts : Please see
Alex Watts :
Alex Watts : Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
JACUSTOMER-q4k9jvpa- :

Hi he is aware that the ban stands in the UK but he has no paperwork or anything from the court and dvla check shows no ban

Alex Watts : He should write to the court if he is concerned and ask for confirmation or the memorandum of convition.
Alex Watts : It is unusual not to get anything.
Alex Watts : But write to the court. Can I clarify anything else?
JACUSTOMER-q4k9jvpa- :

OK, so there is no time limit as to how long the court has to notify dvla or criminal records

Alex Watts : No, it really depends on how quick the court resulting process is.
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you