How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We are owed 4,000 in rent by a tenant that was subsequently

Customer Question

We are owed 4,000 in rent by a tenant that was subsequently evicted due to the house being reposessed. It was a joint tenancy and the tenants were receiving housing benefit directly. The tenancy was managed through an agent. Items not belonging to the tenants were also removed when they vacated. We have been trying to establish a repayment plan with the tenants since November, without success. What is the best way to take it to court and do we need separate cases for the rent owing and the items taken?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Did you ask for Judgment on the arrears please?