How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello, Just a quick enquiry which i wonder whether you could

This answer was rated:


Just a quick enquiry which i wonder whether you could help me with please.

My grandad recently passed away and did not leave a will, he had married a lady in the Phillipines who is over on a visa however as my grandad did not leave a will i understand the law states the next of kin being his wife is entitled to everything but how can i find out if the marriage is legal as they did not wed in the UK?

Thank you for your help.

The best starting point would be to contact the Philippines Embassy in the UK

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thank you for your reply. If the marriage states that it is legal in the Philippines and not in the UK would she be entitled to his inheritance?

Generally, if the marriage is lawful in the Philippines, it will be recognised as being valid in the UK and she would be entitled to inherit his estate as his spouse.

All the best , please leave feedback
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you :) just one more question as me and my family are aware my grandad did not leave a will, would there be any chance or finding out whether he has left one? i.e. a website you might be able to recommend?


thank you for your time.

Please open a new question for the additional queries.

Thank you for understanding.