How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My granddaughters ex partner, is Nigerian, and is now homeless,

This answer was rated:

My granddaughters ex partner, is Nigerian, and is now homeless, he sees myself and my husband, as an easy target to obtain money from, we have had to call the police on numerous occasions to get him removed from our property but he will not take no for an answer. His visa expires in September, he has no money, no job, and no home. My husband and myself are at our wits end as to what to do. My husband is 80 and I am 76,
what does the Immigration law do about people like him?

What visa is he currently on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As far as I know its a work permit, I should add that he has a two year old son with my granddaughter. My granddaughter is now living with her parents (our daughter and her husband) with her son. He also is harassing her too.

You or your granddaughter may report him to the Home Office if he is here in breach of immigration laws e.g. Having a work visa without working, see here

The Home Office may take action against him and remove him from the UK.

Can I help further
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much, I shall take up your suggestion.


Hopefully I shall not need your services again, but if necessary I will revert to you. Mrs.P. Hubbard

You are most welcome.

Please leave feedback and in case you need my services again, please feel free to ask for UKSolicitorJA to answer your query.