How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71042
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I was disqualified for 12 months on 24/09/2013. I am willing

This answer was rated:

I was disqualified for 12 months on 24/09/2013.
I am willing to attend any local course to assist in the reduction of my disqualification.I am a Class1 advanced driver and instructor, a member of the IAM since 2004 and was an IAM examiner.
I have been driving for 41 years without accident offence or minor traffic violation.
I, mistakenly drove under the influence of alcohol after my 65th birthday.
Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How can I reduce the period of my disqualification.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How can I reduce my driving disqualification period

Were you offered the drink driving course at court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, Sheriff made no mention or I have complied by now.


I am sorry but its bad news then.

You were actually given the minimum ban for drink driving. It could not have been lower than 12 months.

If you were not offered the drink driving course then it is not available to you and therefore cannot be accessed.

Since you have not been disqualified for two years or more you cannot apply for removal from disqualification.

Sadly, a ban for 12 months does mean literally 12 months and there is no way of removing it early I'm afraid.

I'm very sorry but I have to give you truthful information.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I expected. Hope to see you on the roads this September.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile