How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now


This answer was rated:

my husband died at home from aggressive kidney cancer in april 2012,i my self after he died clamied esa due to a perforated ear drum and severe vertigo and hsve been unable to work how ever his bus driving job paid out a pension in a lump sum to me can i still have my esa??? i am so worried i my take an over dose again or get in to self harming again i dont know what to do please help me :(


Did you declare the pension lump sum?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

with everything that was going on at the time organising the funeral and such I think it may of been over looked and I didn't know that I had to

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't think I did

It would be advisable for you to declare the pension lump sum to DWP as soon as possible and tell them it was an oversight on your part, it is better you go to them rather then them coming after you as you could be prosecuted by them for benefit fraud.

If you are honest to them, they may decide not to do anything other than to ask you to repay any benefit you were not entitled to.

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you