How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I had enduring power of attorney over my late mother who lived

Customer Question

I had enduring power of attorney over my late mother who lived with us for over 10 years.My brother who is a beneficiary under my mother's will has asked to see the accounts.
Does he have the right to see her personal affairs ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, as he is a residuary beneficiary under your mother's estate, he is entitled to receive a copy of the estate accounts which normally include the following matters

the capital assets and liabilities at the date of death
an expenditure account, to include any inheritance tax, administration expenses and pecuniary legacies
an income account, giving details of interest, dividends, rents etc paid since death
a distribution account, to show how the estate has passed to the various beneficiaries.

Can I help further?