How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have money in a capital account in a limited company, the

This answer was rated:

I have money in a capital account in a limited company, the sole director has just died and there is not enough money in the company to repay me. The director had personal property, do I have any rights on his estate ?

Alex Watts : Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return You do not need to wait here as you will get an email when I reply.
Alex Watts : Was the money loaned to the director or to the company please?

The money was loaned to the company

Alex Watts : Ok it's bad news then, you don't have a claim on the estate.
Alex Watts : Therefore you can't claim on the estate,I

Thank you for your help

Alex Watts : If this answers your question could I invite you leave feedback on my service which I hope has been excellent today, if you need more information or help then please click reply.Please remember that I am always happy to help if you have future questions, even if I am in Court I can normally respond within a few hours. For future information, please start them with ‘For Alex W’.Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help:

What if the director was trading without enough funds to trade, would he have any liability then ?


I have a note from the accountants only just received that "there has been a going concern note placed on the accounts filed at companies house"

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you