How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I dont want the expense of filing for divorce but can I get

Customer Question

I dont want the expense of filing for divorce but can I get financial association to my wife removed from my credit records
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Unless you hold joint bank accounts or a joint mortgage, you really do not need to worry as your spouses credit file will not be linked to yours simply because you are married to her.

If you have separate addresses and no joint account or mortgage, your credit records are not linked anyway.

Can I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks joint account put back in my name all financial responsibility on that account maintained we do have a joint mortgage. We also have children who have lived at the maritol home with me since split in july 2012 .

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Thank you Mark,

As you have a joint mortgage, your credit files will be linked together I am afraid. You do not need to worry about the children as they will have separate credit records not linked to your record although their details will appear on your record as they live at the same address.

Can I help further?