How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UK_Lawyer Your Own Question
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2458
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
Type Your Law Question Here...
UK_Lawyer is online now

Dear Im applying for indefinite leave to remain and as

This answer was rated:


I'm applying for indefinite leave to remain and as you know one of the points that you need to score is previous earning

On the home office application it says earnings include, but are not limited to: XXXXX XXXXX as (accommodation, schooling or car allowance ) which form part of an applicant's remuneration package and are specified in the applicant's payslips

My question is

In my contract with my employer I have a study budget which cover any course I attend the public transport and the course expenses. My employer already paid it for me and it's specified in my payslip. So can I use it as a source of earning?

Many thanks
Hi, thank you for your question, I will be happy to help you today.

Could you please confirm what visa you currently hold?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tier 1 general
Thank you for your reply.

Was your studying part of your work? Was this required for you to continue working with your employer?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your reply

Basically I'm a dentist and working in the hospital doing a training post

In my training post it's expected from you to attend courses and present in scientific conferences as a part of your training and that will help you in progressing in your training

Many thanks
Thank you for your reply.

If you could show the home office that it was necessary for you to attend the courses as part of your training and that you would not be able to progress in your work or training unless you attended the course and conference then yes you can use these as part of your income.

The fact is that you would need to provide evidence of you attending the courses, and also provide a letter from your employer confirming the reasons and need for you to attend the courses and conferences.

If you could get the above evidence then I would suggest that you have a good argument why this should be included as part of your income. You should be aware that it will be up to you to provide the required evidence to prove to the home office that the income which is specified in your payslips was part of your employment and needed for you to progress.

I hope this answers your question. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please do not hesitate to ask further questions until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much for your reply

Just one more question in relation to this situation

For the last six month I had to leave my dental job as I had to do an exam to be able to continue practicing dentistry. During this period I found job in marketing and advertisement to continue earning money to get the necessary points. I'm going to present to the home office 6 month pay slip from my dental job and 6 month from my advertisement job

Is there any problem with that?

P.s I have passed my dental exam last week and I'm applying again for dental jobs

Many thanks
Thank you for your reply. Its a pleasure.

I do not see a problem with you working for something else other than what you may have been working for, but you would need to again state why you were unable to continue practicing and had to obtain a job in another sector.

You can then provide evidence of you now wanting apply for Dentistry again now that you have passed the exams and are able to continue.

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards
UK_Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you a lot for your help

I feel much better and very confident

Many thanks again
Its a pleasure.

No problem at all.

Kind regards