How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

hi i wonder if you can help me i am running a pub witch i own

Customer Question

hi i wonder if you can help me i am running a pub witch i own the lease to but have to pay £10,000 rent quarterly we are keeping on top of the other bills but really struggling to pay the rent, what could i do about this as i know that alot of the other pubs in my area are paying half this and their pubs are alot bigger than mine. i have tried to ask for a meeting with the people running the company but he has refused to meet with me to discuss this
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 3 years ago.

Alex Watts :

Hello my name is Alex and I will help you with this. Please note that I am a working Solicitor and may be on and offline as I have to attend Court and meet with clients, even at weekends. As such you may not get an instant response when you reply as this is not an ‘on demand’ live service, but rest assured I will be giving your question my immediate attention upon return. There is no need to wait here, you will get an email when I reply.

Alex Watts :

Is there a clause in the lease that allows you any room to suspend payments or reduce them please?

Alex Watts :

Is the lease in your person name?