How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I issued a money claim in the county court, the defendant filed

Customer Question

I issued a money claim in the county court, the defendant filed acknowledgment of service since then 14 days has passed I have not received a response,

Can I request for a judgment by default?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

The general rule under Rule 15.4(1)(b) is that the defence has to be filed within 28 days after service of the Particulars of Claim, where an acknowledgement of service has been filed.

If the defendant does not file a defence within the above period, then you may apply for default judgement under rule 15.3.

See here

Hope this helps