How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am an administrator of a family member who left no will.

This answer was rated:

I am an administrator of a family member who left no will. I have to work with an acting administrator. The TSO admitted both claims. My question is this. I agreed a solicitor to act for both of us. Any information which relates to the process between the 3 of us is surely confidential. If information is given to members of my family by the acting administrator without first informing me is that permissible in law. It is causing me great distress and your advice would be appreciated.

What information was given and how is it causing problems for you please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was contacted by my solicitor that I had to take out MISSING BENEFICIARY and MISSING WILL INDEMNITY. I was requested to choose one which I did but it was £300 more than the other one. I confirmed this to my solicitor by letter which she received on MAY 9th. On Monday MAY 12th members of my family were contacting me fully aware of this which was given without my permission by the acting administrator. Surely this is out of order. I am getting shouted out, and being accused of wasting money. It is becoming so bad that it is not acceptable and I feel that I should not be put in this position through no fault my own. I feel that I am acting in the best interests of the family.

Thank you,

You may get in touch with the solicitor and ask them not to discuss matters relating to the estate with the rest of the family until both you and the acting administrator have agreed on the issue.

You may change the solicitor if the acting administrator also agrees.

Can I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I think you have misunderstood me. It's the acting administrator who has informed a member of the family without contacting me first. My question is this Can details relating to the case be given out without first notifying me that they have done so. As administrator in my own right surely this is out of order.What it has done is that a lot of ill feeling and upset within the family has been caused.

Thank you.

I am afraid that there is not much that you can do about the acting administrator discussing management affairs with others, you may ask the acting administrator to discuss the issues first with you before divulging the information to the rest of the family, but other than to get their appointment revoked, I am afraid there is not much that you can do.

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you