How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I am about to inherit a bungalow. But I wish to sell it to

Customer Question

I am about to inherit a bungalow. But I wish to sell it to my daughter and son in law at a reduced value. Could you advise the best way forward please. Thank you.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

Are you selling it to avoid it being used to pay for care fees or to avoid inheritance tax?

Why are you selling it under value?

How much is it worth and how much are you selling it for?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I am sorry but the reply box did not work, so have gone down this route. There are no care fees to pay, and at the moment the property is being valued for probate. I want to sell it to my daughter to help her have a better property. I need some money to help to renovate my son's house and I shall be moving in with him when I have sold my own house. I think the value of the property will be around £285,000. Yes, it would be nice not to pay inheritance tax, and that is one reason why I am asking for advice. Thanks...Paul
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

I'm just travelling at the moment but I will respond fully as soon as possible. Is that okay?