How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My father want me to have lasting power of attorney. He was

Customer Question

My father wants  me to have lasting power of attorney. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's a few years ago and is on medication that appears to be effective. However, I am subject to an IVA which will be complete in March 2015. My father has no property, is in receipt of Pension credit and attendance allowance and there are no assets. My father resides with myself and my husband in our home. Can he still have me named for power of attorney?

Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, you may be appointed by your father to act as his attorney by him issuing a lasting power of attorney to you, as long as he has mental capacity to know what he is doing.

Your IVA has nothing to do with you managing your father's affairs as his attorney.

Can I help further?