How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LondonlawyerJ Your Own Question
LondonlawyerJ, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 823
Experience:  Solicitor with over 15 years experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
LondonlawyerJ is online now

I have just received planning permission for a summer house

This answer was rated:

I have just received planning permission for a summer house I have had built in my garden .
I wish to get the building added to the deeds and need to know how to go about it .

LondonlawyerJ :

Hello I am a solicitor of over 15 years experience. I will try to help you with this.

LondonlawyerJ :

If the summer house is built on your land and in accordance with planning permission, building regs etc why do you need to do anything? The land is already yours and so therefore is any building on it.

Customer: So does that mean that it can be valued as a part of the property without adding to the deeds?
LondonlawyerJ :

When you say deeds I take it you mean the entries in the land registry on the assumption this is registered land (it is a long time since I have come across unregistered land). The answer is yes.

Customer: Thank you
LondonlawyerJ and other Law Specialists are ready to help you