How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35037
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

can social services take my husband when i have both poer of

This answer was rated:

can social services take my husband when i have both poer of atorney for both health an welfare they are threaening this because mi husband as alzhiemer with unpredictable violenc only to me he doesnt hurt me just scares me an i am inshock after for coiuple but of course he has forgotten an is back to being ok i have familey help and very good neibours who help i am aqualified carere or the eldery suffering from this 30years if they put him ina home he WILL NOT GET THE 1 TO 1 CARE THAT I CAN GIVE HIM
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What have Social Services actually said to you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we are having a meeting 2 moz the lady from pals is coming they want what is best for geoff and to care for me i am ok dont no wat to expect from this meeting except to be told they can overturn the power of attorey i have been told this an i am scared geoff would not be happy in a home cos he likes to be out side allthe time except if it cold or went


Customer: replied 3 years ago.

have sent a reply

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

nothing yet ihave rest bite set up with nursingcarethey tried day centre but it will cost £88per week all i want is for them to leave me alone they say they worried bout me but my husband doesnt hurt me it just shocks me i and only i will no when i cant cope the give me emergency number to call all the person said was get the police get the police the fist time i did they took him out in handcuffs this will not happen again


If they decide that your husband is a Vulnerable Adult then technically they could try and go against your wishes
HOWEVER that does not mean that they will be successful provided that you are able to show that you are able to care for him and have proper options in place in the event that he causes you harm
The major concern will be that he incapacitates you - so that is where you should concentrate your planning.
One option is to point out that if they paid for the day centre care then it would be cheaper that if he has to go into nursing care
You should also have a clear written care plan agreed in the event that you are ill
If you have not already done so contact
who can give you support in your fight
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you