How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My sons dad has got a contact order for indirect contact to

This answer was rated:

My sons dad has got a contact order for indirect contact to son from farther and i the mother have to write to my sons farther every three months to keep him up dated on what my son likes and dislikes my sons farher has to send letters. Cards.small gifts ect but over he got given this ordet last december for 6 months and then he can take it back to courts for direct contact the triyble is my sons farther keeps letting him down and not keeping to the cotact order my son is not like any other 9 year old he is not in a main strsam school as he has special needs and also has adhd and on medication he is working below he sen and working at an age between 5/6 year old and yet again my son has not recived anything over easter can i stop the indirect contact order or do i have to wait to see if my sons dad takes it back to court in june of this year but there may be a chance he may not as he may not be able to get legal aid please help as this is not in my sons best interest his farther keep messing my son about i have to send letters once every 3 months till my son is 16 years old but i dont want to do this if my son is not reciving any think in return many thanks tracey
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How many letters/ gifts has he received since December?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The fisrt one was in january this year that was a letter then my son recived a gift in febuary which was a book and a further gift in march with a birthday card for my sons 9th birthday that was a play suit and nothing since march of this year

There is no need for your son to become distressed unless he is told that there should be something every month so it is unlikely that the Indirect Contact will be withdrawn completely I am afraid
However the lack of commitment does make it highly unlikely that matters will move on to direct contact at all.
If he does not go back to court then there is little point in your wasting money by taking it back yourself
If there is no contact from your ex I would suggest that you simply decrease the reports to once every six months
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you