My father is in hospital with psychotic depression he is 86.

My father is in hospital with psychotic depression he is 86. We can't see him coming home and may end up going into a nursing home. My mother and father have been married for 57 years and my mother has never had her name put on the deeds of the house, as when they married she was under 21. She is 76. Will the house automatically be hers if my father dies? She is also worried that if he goes into a nursing home, she may be forced out of the house, to pay the bill. Such worrying times.

Many thanks for your help in this matter.

How much is the house worth and what other assets do they each have?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Clare,

The house is worth £140,000. They have £3000.00 in the joint bank account.

Then your mother need have no concern
In the event of his death the property will pass to her - and she will not have to pay any Care Home bills
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details