How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask tdlawyer Your Own Question
tdlawyer, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1096
Experience:  11 years experience of general practice.
Type Your Law Question Here...
tdlawyer is online now

My landlords intend to seek a court order to gain entry to

This answer was rated:

My landlords intend to seek a court order to gain entry to my house to do repairs. They promised me a risk assessment first. I won't let them in until this has been done because the work that needs doing is to put right something that made me ill and is currently sealed up. Will I be informed of the court date so that I can defend my position?

tdlawyer :

Hello, welcome to the website. My name isXXXXX can assist you with this.

tdlawyer :

Yes, you will always be given notice of the court hearing date so that you can attend and make your case to the judge. You will have the opportunity to explain why an order requiring you to give up possession should not be made.


Thank you. Money well spent. I am disabled and knowing that without having to leave the house has made my day.

tdlawyer :

:) I'm pleased to help you - anytime.

tdlawyer :

All I ask in return is that you rate the answer for me. Thank you!

tdlawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you