How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

What is the best business entity type - both legally and financially

This answer was rated:

What is the best business entity type - both legally and financially (taxation) for two people to register in the UK given the following circumstances?
- They want a 50/50 split of profits
- One person is a British national
- One person is American, a resident of the UK, and has a diplomatic visa that does not permit employment or self-employment within the UK. The American wants to obtain a UK visa that will put them on a path to residency and has been advised to be an investor-shareholder and Director to remain compliant with the terms of their existing visa by allowing them to continue their government work and only apply for a different visa category when the company is profitable enough to quit their government job.

A limited company would be the best entity to operate as. I would suggest that you enter into a shareholders agreement with your business partner.
Example here

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you