How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

i brought my house with my father many years ago through the

This answer was rated:

i brought my house with my father many years ago through the council on a right to buy father passed away some time ago and left his half of the house to me which makes me the sole owner.
Now that im thinking of selling i realise my fathers name is XXXXX XXXXX the deeds and needs to be removed.
Please can you advise me of the process to remove his name and the cost of doing so.

kind regards james.

If the property was held as a joint proprietorship, all you need to do is complete Land Registry form DJP below

And send it to the Land Registry together with the original or an official copy of your late father's death certificate, or grant of probate.

There is no fee payable for this and you may do it yourself.

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you