How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

i have a judgement for claimant letter saying i have to pay

This answer was rated:

i have a judgement for claimant letter saying i have to pay £6213 fortwith do i have to pay full amount(which i cant) or can i pay by installments or a settlement figure ? thankyou

You may apply to the court to vary the judgement by completing form N245:

You may ask the court to allow you to pay by instalments or a lesser settlement figure and you will need to give details about your income and expenses.

The fee for applying is 40 pounds.

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks for reply it says on the letter the name and address for payment as a collections firm and claiment is capquest do i contact these as well as applying to the court? thankyou

You only need to apply to the court although you may contact the collections firm and the claimant to let them know about your application to the court as a matter of courtesy.

All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.