How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have not had any contact with my two daughters , since April

This answer was rated:

I have not had any contact with my two daughters , since April 17th, Just 1 telephone conversation, and Telephoning very often leaving messages, what is my next step please
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and what contact did you previously have
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
2 Daughters 9 and 6 years old previously lived at home , left April 17th due to Domestic abuse, so left the family home , temporary staying at my Brothers
How far have the divorce proceedings reached and what have the solicitors done?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Divorce In early Stages, Solicitors just writing letters , for arrangement for contact for children
has any contact been offered?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no Contact have been offered at all

The law says that children are entitled to contact with both parents and the courts will enforce that if necessary.
The starting point is to try and negotiate with your ex using Family mediation (
If that fails then you can apply to the court for a Child Arrangement Order setting out what time the children spend with you.
Such Orders are enforceable
You can read more about this here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you