How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I am a family member of an EU National living in the UK. I

This answer was rated:

I am a family member of an EU National living in the UK. I am his mother in law. He sponsored my entry visa which I have.I am not living with my daughter and son in law. I am able to work and run a business under my visa. I have been working on a FTC, but due to restructuring the position has been done away with. I now find myself unemployed and in rented accommodation which I am unable to pay for. Am I allowed to ask for benefits or do I have to move back in with my family?

I am afraid you are not allowed access to benefits, so you may have to move back with your family if you are unable to afford living on your own.

Can I help further?
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you