UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience

I am a UK citizen and a Bahamian resident if we bought a home

I am a UK citizen and a Bahamian resident if we bought a home in the UK for our retirement would we have to pay taxes from our income in the Bahamas
How long have you lived in the Bahamas?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Five years my husband has been here for 25 years and is a Canadian citizen

If you are not a UK resident, your income in the Bahamas would not be subject to UK tax.

See here for further information

Can I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But if we were to return to the UK and become UK residents and had money being generated in the Bahamas do we have to pay tax on that

If you are UK resident and UK domiciled – you pay UK tax on all of your worldwide income and gains in the tax year in which they arise, regardless of whether the income and gains arise in the UK or overseas. This is the called the ‘arising basis’ of taxation.

Further reading here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How many days can you reside before you are considered to be a resident

Residency is a very complicated question and does not solely depend on the number of days in the UK, see here

Hope this answers all your queries. Please remember to leave feedback