How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71132
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

hello i need to know if the DLA can take money out of my account

This answer was rated:

hello i need to know if the DLA can take money out of my account without my permission i am under investgation at present and i just need to know my postion.

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DLA had me in for questioning dec last year and said i had made false claim i was awareded high rate mobility in 2006 had op 2 my left foot a doctor of theys said i would be intiled 2 this as i could only walk short distance my foot inproved as my walking and because of this they said i should have told them i am still in a lot of pain and i have rhemtoid arthiriste and am still under a surgen now my promblems with my foot are still on going my surgon is sending all my letters 2 me in order 2 send them on 2 the DLA

You mean the DWP then?

This is about your benefits claim?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes to both questions they are still looking into this as i had to get a job and that was cleaning and they said that it was a hard job for some 1 claiming high rate of mobility.


They cannot deduct money from your bank account save for by order of the court and even then it would not happen immediately.

What they can do though is deduct any over payment from your benefit payments although that is not what you are describing. To do that they would have to deduct at source before payment was made to you.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they have stopped my benefit and said if i am convicted i would have 2 pay all the money back i have a little bit of money in the bank and i am worried that they could take this as most of my wage goes on my bills

No, they cannot do that without order of the court.

They would have to either sue or seek a compensation order at the criminal court to lay their hands on that.

Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’. You can also bookmark my profile