How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been trying to get compensation from the Highways Department

Customer Question

I have been trying to get compensation from the Highways Department for Norfolk without success since last august and am considering making a claim through the small claims court is their a time limit and how long
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question. My name is Jo and I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My vehicle received considerable damage when I was travelling along a two lane road in Hunstanton Norfolk when my car went over some kerbs there should have been a oneway sign but this had been removed and placed on a pavement. Two Traffic Enforcement Officers came along and asked if they could be of assistance and during our conversation they told me the sign had been knocked down over a week before and not been reinstated

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.
You mean it was placed faced down on the pavement I presume?