How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10737
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

Me and my brother are the legal trustees for our 4 under 18

This answer was rated:

Me and my brother are the legal trustees for our 4 under 18 children,who have been left money by their great grandad,the cheques are in both our names,do we have to open new joint trusts for them all,or can we pay them into my account(with brothers permission),then transfer the funds into the trusts the children already have?
Hello and thanks for using Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX am happy to assist you with your enquiry.

Provided the monies end up in your childrens Trusts, without any deduction, then it is perfectly OK for these monies to pass temporarily into your own account.

On a side point, if the cheques are payable to you and your Brother, you won't be able to pay them into an account in your sole name (your Bank will refuse to cash the cheque unless they are paid into a joint account with your Brother). I'm not sure if the cheques are indeed payable to the 2 of you, but thought I would just mention this point.

I hope this assists and answers your question.

Kind Regards
Aston Lawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you