How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3843
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I want to purchase a property in Co. waterford, cottage in

This answer was rated:

I want to purchase a property in Co. waterford, cottage in 9 acres. The owner is English and I am English, and we wish the sale to be made in GBP ,with the transfer of funds being made in England. This is a cash sale. Can you advise please. Regs. David.

Thank you for your question and welcome.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you.

There is absolutely nothing preventing you from executing a contract for the sale of land in another country under English law and using English currency (GBP).

The only issue you have is that land law matters are sovereign to every country and therefore the actual formalities of transferring the title and legal ownership of the property from the sellers name to your name will have to be dealt with under Irish Law. Therefore there is no reason why you cannot use two English solicitors to deal with the transfer of funds but you will need an Irish Lawyer to actually effect the transfer. If you contact the Law Society they will be able to recommend someone who is dual qualified.

Can I be of any further assistance? I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for your advice, very helpful and prompt. Regs. David..

No problem.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards