How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hi,we have wired an advance payment on the 19th of May to the

This answer was rated:

Hi,we have wired an advance payment on the 19th of May to the accounts of a Real Estate Agency for renting a flat.The landlord of the property changed his mind and the Real Estate Agency has not returned the amount payed to our accounts for more than 1 week now.Please advise on what we can do to retrieve our money.Thank you

What is the name of this agency?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Claytons Estate Agents,56 Hoxton Square,Shoreditch,London N1 6PB
Company Number 08982068
Thank you.

The company was incorporated only last month which is a bit worrying.

You may issue court proceedings against the company for the money, if you have an address in England & Wales, you may do so online at

If you are not based in the UK, you may instruct a solicitor to write them a letter before action which may motivate them to refund your money and if they do not, your solicitor may file a claim against them on your behalf.

I suggest you also put pressure on the landlord if you are in contact with the landlord for them to get the estate agents to refund your money.

Can I help further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So what is my best course of action?How do I find out more information(owner of the company,general manager) about Clayton's?Money has been transferred from my daughter's account,she is currently a student in London.Time is running short as she finishes her exams this week and we shall be leaving to our homecountry.
The claim would be against the company, not individuals/owners.

Your daughter may issue a court claim against the company for the refund of the money,

They should pay up once they receive court summons.
UKSolicitorJA and other Law Specialists are ready to help you