How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35088
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Good morning. I have a sealed consent order agreeing to pay

This answer was rated:

Good morning. I have a sealed consent order agreeing to pay child maintenance for my daughter (9) and stepson(17). whilst I realised I didnt have to pay for my stepson i wanted to do the right thing. the consent form says i need to pay 20% of my salary until my son is 17 or finished full time education. He has actually been expelled from college but allowed to take his exams which he finishes in June 22nd. the consent form then says I only need to pay 15% of my salary. Can I therefore reduce my child mainteance (by 25%) at the end of June? I was going to right a letter to my ex wife saying I shall be doing this, I presume this is the good thing to do (and all I need to do). The CSA were never involved. Thanks

Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
Yes since he finishes education in June then from July you need only pay 15% of your income.
A letter would be wise
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask of you need further details
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you